Butter and coconut oil are versatile carriers for THC, CBD and other cannabinoids. Our favorite method to maximize potency with less time is to use vacuum sealing with LidAdapt and a double boiler water bath.
Watch full video recipe
JAR SIZE: 16 or 32 oz wide mouth mason jar (32 oz jar better for double recipe)
INFUSION TIME: 1 hour
- 1 cup (240mL) oil (butter, coconut oil, MCT coconut oil or olive oil)
- 1/4 oz (7g) ground cannabis flower, decarboxylated
- Decarboxylate cannabis flower. Preheat over to 220°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. De-stem/tear cannabis flower into smaller pieces and place onto parchment paper. Cover with foil. Place into oven for 45 minutes. Stir/rotate cannabis with wood spoon/spatula every 15 minutes.
- Grind decarboxylated cannabis flower in coffee grinder.
- Combine butter or oil and cannabis flower in jar. Wipe jar rim clean/dry, apply LidAdapt on top of jar, screw on metal band, insert stopper & pump to pull a vacuum seal.
- Add about an inch of water to saucepan and place on low-medium heat. Place jar in double boiler water bath and simmer for 1 hour.
- Every 15 minutes check water level to make sure it doesn’t evaporate (add more if you need it).
- After 1 hour, remove jar from heat and place on counter. Release stopper valve and let cool.
- Remove stopper and with LidAdapt still on, pour the contents into a fine metal mesh strainer or cheese cloth into another jar (we recommend an amber jar that blocks 99% UV light). Compost remaining flower material.
- To store, vacuum seal with LidAdapt and keep in fridge.
Add cannabis infused butter or oil to your favorite baked sweet or savory treats.
Try our curated Specialty Kit - Medium Stash, perfect for storing and cooking with cannabis!